About Naharlagun

Naharlagun, is a small town in the district of Papum Pare in Arunachal Pradesh. The district is the most populous district of Arunachal Pradesh. The district was initially a part of Lower Subansiri district and then later was separated in the year 2011. Since 2011, Naharlagun has been operating as a town of Papum Pare.

About Naharlagun

Geography of Naharlagun

Located at a height of 200 meters from sea level, Naharlagun is at a distance of around 10 kms away from the capital city, Itanagar. Surrounded by mountains, the town of Naharlagun witnesses long annual monsoons. The summers here are hot and humid and the winters are very pleasant. November to March is the best period to visit this place.

Demography of Naharlagun

According to the census of 2011, the population of Naharlagun comes up to a total of 26912 out of which 53% are males and the rest 47% are females. The average literacy percentage of Naharlagun is more than the national literacy at 69%.  The male literacy is 74% and the female literacy is 62%.

Services and Utilities in Naharlagun

The electricity services in Naharlagun are provided by the Department of Power Arunachal Pradesh, headquartered in Itanagar and supervises the electrical services throughout the state. The postal services are headed by the Indian Postal Services and there are a few banks located in the town. Given below is a list of all the banks located in Naharlagun:

ICICI Bank
Address:
Basar Commercial Center D Sector
Barapani Bazar
Naharlagun
Arunachal Pradesh
791110
Contact: Anshuman Barthakur-9957571905
IFSC Code: ICIC0002593
Branch Code: 002593
MICR Code: 791229003

Central Bank Of India
Address:
Takkar Complex,
Naharlagun,
Papum Pare,
Arunachal Pradesh
791110
Contact: 0360--2244216
IFSC Code: CBIN0283233
Branch Code: 283233
MICR Code: 791016002

State Bank Of India
Address:
Papumpare,
Arunachal Pradesh
791110
Contact: 0360-2244335, 0360-2244341 (FAX) IP-750152
IFSC Code: SBIN0003232
Branch Code: 003232
MICR Code: 791002003

IDBI Bank
Address:
Branch Manager,
PO/PO: Naharlagun
District Papumpare
Pin 791110
IFSC Code: IBKL0161APC
Branch Code: 161APC
MICR Code: 791824003

Canara Bank
Address:
Legi Complex
A Sector
Naharlagun,
Dist: Papumpare
Pin 791110
Contact: Cb4181@Canarabank.Com
IFSC Code: CNRB0004181
Branch Code: 004181
MICR Code: 791015003

Indian Overseas Bank
Address:
Super Market
Sector-'E'
PO- Naharlagun
Itanagar.
Dist- Papumpare
PIN-791110
IFSC Code: IOBA0002728
Branch Code: 002728
MICR Code: 791020002

Syndicate Bank
Address:
Ward No 28
G-Extension
Naharlagun
Arunachal Pradesh
791110
IFSC Code: SYNB0007941
Branch Code: 007941
MICR Code: 791025003

HDFC Bank
Address:
Basar Commercial Complex
Naharlagun
Arunachal Pradesh
791110
Contact: 3453333
IFSC Code: HDFC0004313
Branch Code: 004313
MICR Code: 791240003

Transport Services in Naharlagun

Naharlagun is one of the important towns in Arunachal Pradesh just after its capital town, Itanagar. Though naharlagun was recently declared a town of the newly formed district, Papum Pare, yet it has been undergoing the phases of developments since a very long time. Transport and communication to the town is easy and accessible.

By Air:
The Mohanbari Airport in Dibrugarh is located just around 205 kms. away from Naharlagun.

By Rail:
The nearest railway station to the town of Naharlagun is the Naharlagun Railway Station. This is the first railway station in Arunachal Pradesh.

By Road:
The town of Naharlagun is easily connected to all of its nearby towns such as Dibrugarh, Miao, Tinsukia, Margherita, etc. The roads have been constructed to provide easy transportation to the tourists and others. Buses as well as private taxis and cabs are available for people to travel to and from Naharlagun.

888
  • SHARE THIS
  • TWEET THIS
  • SHARE THIS
  • COMMENT
  • LOVE THIS 0
  • E-mail

Comments / Discussion Board - About Naharlagun

Loader